Thursday, July 14, 2005

Don't Be a Glutton for Punishment


>Well. It is thirsty Thursday. It is not quite the weekend, but it is close enough that I am not too concerned with Friday's work to avoid taking in the pleasure of a few drinks of rum and coke. I have been thinking about the words I wanted to put into this post for a week.. I want to organize my post into answering these 3 questions.

a) what is it that bothers me

b) what is my problem that stems from what bothers me

c) what can I do to address my problem

It bothers me that vows people make at a wedding or to one another as a promise of friendship are not as simple as they sound. A bride and a groom vow before God and everyone that they will love, honor, and cherish one another for a lifetime. Friends will promise each other they will be loyal and caring to each other. What is said is simple and straight forward. Later a spouse finds out that the mate really only promised that they would love, honor, and cherish until they were bored, unhappy, and desiring to go out and get some 'strange'. Later a friend finds out that the friend really only promised to be loyal and caring until they obtained some information about the person that would be some 'juicy gossip' to tell other people.


The lack of shame, morals, or class that people like this have bother me, but this is not my problem. Whether or not people like this will confess or not is not my problem. My problem is that I have a void in my life where I at one time had a lover or a friend.


I need to let myself take a chance on love or friendship from another person. I should not transfer any of the feelings of ill will that I have for the former spouse or friend to anyone I meet. If I do that then I really am not giving myself a chance for love or friendship.


To sum it all up I need to tell myself......

Don't be a glutton for punishment!





No comments: