Saturday, March 31, 2007

Honore vs Obama

























What if the election for President of the United States came down to a choice between 2 African Americans, General Russel Honore and Senator Barack Obama? They are both tall, dark, and of mixed racial heritage. For me, the things that these two men have in common come to a quick end. I don't think the election would even be close. I'm talking '72 Nixon vs McGovern rout that Honore would do to Obama.

In one corner you have a man who waxes poetic in his speeches. Senator Obama:
"if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our slumber, and slough off our fear,"
"In the face of despair, you believe there can be hope,"
In the other corner you have a man does not waste words and does not suffer fools in his speeches. General Honore:

"You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question."

"I'm totally unconfused about our mission,"

"Better is harder."

"I'd rather be in the middle of the game, playing hard with little hope of winning than to be an observer."

There is an excellent article on the American Thinker website that compares and contrasts these two men.
Personally if it came down to a choice between these two for POTUS I would not hesitate to vote for General Honore.